Current Status of School-Based Support Services:
- School-Based Support Services are connecting with students during regular office hours.
- School-Based Support Services will not be providing face-to-face contact with staff or students.
- The Huron-Perth Centre, Choices for Change, LHIN Mental Health Addiction Nurses (MHANs) and AMDSB Mental Health and Wellness Coach/Counsellors will be connecting with students who are currently on their caseload.
- The LHIN VIP number 1-877-900-5667 to call in is being provided to all current patients and they are to call in if they wish to talk to one of the MHANs. Some of our MHANs have been moved to the front line Covid response but other South West area MHANs will be covering. The children having greater need will be checked in via phone on a regular basis. The MHAN will also be sharing resources with the students/families that are available in each area and online. Some of the children that were seen due to behaviour at school may not require services at this time but will be determined by the MHANs while speaking with families.
- The Huron-Perth Public Health school-based nurses are fully engaged in pandemic response and will not be contacting students on their caseloads.
Emergency Mental Health Contacts:
If you are experiencing a crisis and require immediate support, please visit your local Hospital Emergency Department or call 911. The following resources are available for all AMDSB students and families:
- Kids Help Phone: 24/7 national support service offering crisis counseling support via phone, text, or online chat. You can access their services by calling 1-800-668-6868, by texting CONNECT to 686868, or by visiting www.kidshelpphone.ca for web chat access
- Huron Perth Crisis Response Team: 24/7 local support service offering crisis counseling support. You can access their services by calling 1-888-829-7484